COVID-19: Safely Opening for Business
Good news! Commencing Monday 18th May, First Protect Security is safely returning to work.
We would like to thank our customers for their patience and understanding during these difficult times.
Of course, as the Covid-19 situation is ongoing and ever-changing, we have implemented a range of measures to protect both our customers and staff.
To this end, we have undertaken a comprehensive risk assessment, the main points of which are detailed below. This is based on Government advice and will be constantly reviewed as the situation evolves.
- All our staff always observe social distancing measures. As well as this, we have taken steps to manage transmission risk, which are detailed below.
- Our staff will always wear protective face masks when in the vicinity of other people.
- We all work from home where possible. If it is necessary to visit the office, we ensure that this is ‘staggered’ to minimise potential contact with other people.
- We have implemented a rigorous cleaning procedure within our office area, which includes providing anti-bacterial handwashing facilities for our employees. High-contact areas such as door handles and keyboards are cleaned regularly. Similarly, when working on site, we will endeavour to do the same.
- We have asked our employees to temperature-check themselves on a daily basis, to ensure they are not displaying any potential signs of Covid-19 symptoms.
- When working in areas where there may be contact with members of the public, we will erect barriers to ensure that safe distancing is maintained.
When our employees are working on your premises, please ensure that you take necessary measures to protect everybody. These include, but are not limited to:
- Social distancing must always be observed, meaning that a safe distance of at least 2 meters (6ft approximately) must be maintained between our operative and any people within your household. Please also ensure that – during our visit – all children and/or pets are restricted to a separate room within the house.
- Following our visit, please take care to wipe down all surfaces that our operative has come into contact with, using a bleach-based or anti-bacterial cleaner. This includes door handles, table surfaces and light switches.
- Please ensure that – following our visit – you thoroughly wash your hands using either soap and water or an antibacterial handwash solution. Please refer to the Government recommendations for the correct hand-washing procedures.
More generally and for all our sakes, please also remember to follow the general advice:
- If you have any symptoms self-isolate to safeguard yourself, your loved ones and those on the frontline at pharmacies, hospitals, surgeries, and shops. Please do not put these valuable health professionals and staff members, or indeed yourself, at risk.
- The main symptoms of Coronavirus are a persistent cough and a fever. Please remember to wash your hands as frequently as you can and to observe the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ advice for coughs and sneezes.
COVID-19 Cameras – Protecting you, your loved ones and your business.
As we all look forward to getting back to ‘normal’ life (whatever that may be!), we all know that life has changed – possibly for ever.
The World Health Organization has warned us all to prepare for future outbreaks. So, measures such as social distancing, contact tracing and targeted isolation strategies for vulnerable members of society will inevitably become the ‘new normal’.
We must all do our part to protect ourselves and society at large.
As a business, you have a legal obligation to provide a safe working environment for your employees.
That is why First Protect Security has introduced a range of products that will cost-effectively help protect you and your business during the difficult times ahead.
It is well known that one major symptom of any viral infection is a fever. So, building on existing CCTV technology, we have introduced a range of thermal imaging cameras.
These can be quickly and easily installed in areas where people congregate or queue. Using infrared technology, they will immediately alert you to people attempting to enter your premises with an abnormally high temperature.
This is a quick, cost-effective and non-intrusive screening solution. Unlike conventional temperature tests, it does not need somebody to be in close proximity to the person being tested. So, as well as saving you time and labour costs, it prevents you and your staff from being put at risk of infection.
Best of all, the technology if extremely fast and accurate. So, it won’t cause any disruption to the flow of foot traffic in and throughout your premises.
The applications are endless. The cameras can be installed anywhere to monitor a queue of people in:
- Retail outlets
- Places of work
We also offer a portable, hand-held temperature monitoring camera.
Contact us now for more details.