COVID-19 A message for our customers
First Protect Security has continued to grow and thrive during the last two years and we would like to sincerely thank you, our valued customer, for your contribution to our business during this time.
We have always believed that the needs of our customers are paramount, because – simply put – if it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t be here. That is why, for your protection, for the protection of our staff and for the protection of the wider community, we are taking the following measures during this unprecedented time of crisis.
1) As from the close of business on Friday 27th March, we will be ceasing all non-essential work. This means that any pre-booked installations will now be postponed until further notice. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but we are sure that you’ll agree that this is the morally and socially responsible thing to do given the exceptional circumstances.
2) We will continue to operate an emergency callout service for our contracted customers whilst we are legally entitled to do so. This means that we will fulfil all contractual obligations and respond to emergency callouts within a 4-hour time window if possible. Please note that all system installed within the last 12 months are automatically covered by a 12-month Comprehensive Maintenance contract and will be eligible for our emergency callout facility.
If your system is not currently covered by a Maintenance contract, we will – dependent upon staff availability and at the discretion of our callout engineers – strive to attend to emergency callouts for systems not covered under the terms of our Maintenance contract, subject to our usual callout and labour fees. However, as the situation is so fast moving, we may not, in the future days and months ahead, be able to guarantee attendance to non-Maintained customers.
3) During this period, an emergency can only be attended to if the following occurs:
- Your system has malfunctioned and caused bells/sounders to continuously sound in a manner that may cause a public nuisance.
- Your system has malfunctioned and caused bells/sounders to continuously sound in a manner that causes disruption to your day-to-day life.
- Doors that are controlled by an access-control system have locked and cannot be opened by emergency release methods.
- A ‘mission-critical’ system has failed (i.e. an intruder alarm system protecting a premises that results in a violation of insurance regulatory requirements – for example, a data centre).
4) We will continue to operate a telephone advice service, so – if you have any questions or concerns – please feel free to give us a call and we’ll do our best to help. Of course, if it is necessary for our operatives to visit your premises, we will take all necessary protective measures and we would also respectively ask that you do the same. These measures include – but are not restricted to – the following:
- Social distancing must always be observed , meaning that a safe distance of at least 2 meters (6ft approximately) must be maintained between our operative and any people within your household. Please also ensure that – during our visit – all children and/or pets are restricted to a separate room within the house.
- Following our visit, please take care to wipe down all surfaces that our operative has come into contact with, using a bleach-based or anti-bacterial cleaner. This includes door handles, table surfaces and light switches.
- Please ensure that – following our visit – you thoroughly wash your hands using either soap and water or an antibacterial handwash solution. Please refer to the Government recommendations for the correct hand-washing procedures.
More generally and for all our sakes, please also remember to follow the general advice:
- If you have any symptoms self-isolate to safeguard yourself, your loved ones and those on the frontline at pharmacies, hospitals, surgeries, and shops. Please don’t put these valuable health professionals and staff members, or indeed yourself, at risk.
- The main symptoms of Coronavirus are a persistent cough and a fever. Please remember to wash your hands as frequently as you can and to observe the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ advice for coughs and sneezes.
To coin a well-worn phrase, we are all in this together! And only by acting collectively now will we have a good chance of returning to some semblance of life as we knew it before COVID-19.
Thank you again for your business. We at First Protect Security are confident that we will see you on the other side, stronger and more united than ever.